The Well, 1101 Gloucester Street Brunswick, GA
Part Time Work: Flexible Hours (Position will include some weekend hours-including Sundays at least once per month.)
Position: Well Associate (assists Manager and Assistant Managers with day-to-day operations of The Well)
The Well, a hospitality and resource center for people experiencing homelessness is looking for a Well Assistants to join our team. The Well staff are here to meet needs and resources, offer hope, encouragement, love and support.
- Greet guests and volunteers as they arrive.
- Ensure that guests adhere to the sign-in process.
- Assure cleanliness of all areas
- Interview guests and ascertain needs
- Connect guests to needed resources
- Assist in sign-up for services (shower, laundry, social services).
- Assist in the distribution of needed items (shower supplies, towels, clothing, toiletries, etc.).
- Assist guests in laundry services.
- Enforce the policies and procedures of The Well.
- Receive donations, complete donation log and thank donors.
- Make rounds of all areas.
- Log in guests and make notes in computer program as needed.
- Document any problems, issues, etc.
- Keep areas, bathrooms, and laundry room stocked with needed supplies.
- Observe activities via video monitor.
- Complete end of shift reports.
- Manage and supervise volunteers.
- Engage guests and assist with end of day cleanup.
- Oversee and supervise work of volunteers and community service workers.
- Assure safety of all guests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills needed
- Ability to multitask
- Able to do moderate lifting (receiving donations etc)
- Attention to detail
- Able to manage an environment that services 70+ guests per day
- Able to handle multiple assignments and delegate work to guests and volunteers as appropriate.